As a longtime virtual assistant who has served clients across many different industries, I have had the chance to test out many business tools for virtual assistants and online service providers while getting paid to do so.
It’s very important to stay current as new apps and tech are being developed and updated every day. My clients will often have me test-drive new apps and tools them or ask for my suggestions as to which would work best in their business.
As an online service provider, I have vetted many amazing virtual assistant tools and apps that can make your life easier. I’ve also tested tools I’d never suggest to anyone (not many, though!).
And of course, I have my favorites and those that I use daily to run my own virtual assistant business and truly believe this is some of the best software for virtual assistants. I personally use all of the apps that I am suggesting so if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.
Most of these tools have a free option to get started!
BUSINESS AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS FOR VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
- ClickUp: this is my all-time favorite project management system. Some of my clients use ClickUp and I also use it to manage my own virtual assistant and online business management business.
- Honeybook: Manage your virtual assistant business with this amazing all-in-one project, invoicing, and payments management tool.
- All of my clients pay using a monthly retainer that runs on automation with Honeybook each month. No more chasing invoices!
- Harvest: I use the Harvest app to track all of my client hours each month. It is very simple and inexpensive. It also has a browser extension, iPhone and Mac app.
- ActiveInbox: Gmail Extension that can easily turn your email inbox into a to-do list! All tasks that my clients assign via email are added to my schedule using this amazing tool.
- I have tried several different programs and this is by far the best. (Seriously, a Virtual Assistant’s best friend!)
- Google Workspace: This powerful app gives you access to an email from your own domain, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and so much more. It’s very low-cost, starting at $10/user per month, and worth every single penny! Also – I can personally provide you with a promo code for 20% off the first year on either the G Suite Basic plan and the G Suite Business plan.
- LastPass: This is the tool I use to keep my client’s sensitive information safe, secure, and organized. You can save usernames and passwords to LastPass, and it can auto-login to your sites and sync your passwords everywhere you need them.
BOOKKEEPING/FINANCE TOOLS FOR VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
Quickbooks Self-Employed: This simple software allows you to easily keep track of all of the money going in and in out of your business. It also makes tax time much easier.
It is a low-cost yet intuitive accounting tool for entrepreneurs. Also includes invoicing, expense reporting, and so much more. This is perfect for freelancers just starting out!
Use my affiliate link for 50% off discount!
MARKETING TOOLS FOR VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
FG Funnels: I personally use FG Funnels as my all-in-one digital marketing tool for landing pages and all things marketing.
It is a gorgeous funnel builder and includes some incredible plug-and-play templates that are ready to use. You can also re-brand their templates with ease. You can also check out my FG Funnels review here.
No need to invest loads of money or waste valuable time figuring out how to start your business at the beginning.
The Free plan includes:
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited, customizable CTAs & signup forms
- 30+ premium landing page templates
- Unlimited traffic
- Customizable domain setup
- Mobile responsive designs
- Manage up to 1000 subscribers
- Unlimited Email broadcasts
- Subscriber tagging
- Seamless Unsplash integration
- Creator Community
Tailwind: This is my favorite tool for scheduling and sharing content across both Pinterest and Instagram.
HostGator: Here’s a low-cost way to host your website, install WordPress and keep your website running smoothly. Plans start at just $2.75 per month!
You may also enjoy: